Friday, May 1, 2015

A Watered Soul...

Proverbs 11:24 There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty. 25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

My neighbors are not well off. They live on a fixed income and Miss Cathy is on probation for something, not sure what, but she has to pay that every month...so I try to help when I can to take her where she and Tom can get some groceries at the church when they have pantry days or feeding nights. I have also given sacks of stuff from Flower Acres. But, anyone who's been in their shoes can tell you that even with that little bit of help, they miss things like Milk and sugar and basics until the check comes in, then they pray they have enough after their rent.

Been there. Not on a fixed income, mind you, but half of what I am making now, and now is still not enough for just me, but I am much better off. So, I try to help when I can.

Today, Miss Cathy wanted to go to Albertson for some basic necessities. She just got paid, and bless her heart, she gave me $10 for gas and asked if I needed anything from the store. I just shrugged and said, I could use a little Milk, but she didn't have to buy it for me. She gave me enough in gas to make up all I have done for her and more. She waved me off, and I gave her my number to call me when she was done shopping, I'd come pick her up.

When I got back to Albertson's to pick her up, she was sitting there crying. I asked her what was the matter?

She said she was standing in line, and there was a gentleman there with a dozen roses in his hand. She complimented the roses and said, "She is one special woman to have a man who will do that for her!"

He said, "Here, let me get your groceries." He paid for ALL of her groceries. His girlfriend hugged her and said, "You might not know this, but Jesus loves you! and YOU are SPECIAL!"

Miss Cathy really needed that. And I reminded her that God's greatest blessings come when you bless others with what little you have, and God saw that.

No comments:

Post a Comment