Sunday, May 10, 2015

A prayer of thanks for mom

Dear Lord,

I just want to take a moment to thank you for giving my mom to me. You made her unique, and no other mom could have influenced me to be the person I have become. Her imperfections taught me independence, while her discipline taught me responsibility. Her high expectations taught me self-discipline. She wasn't a perfect mom, but she was perfect for me. Her mistakes helped me search for YOU. Her laughter helped form my sense of humor. Her tears taught me not to judge a book by it's cover. Though my mom and I didn't always get along, You gave me the only mom I have, and that has taught both of us to accept and love each other for who we are. I couldn't imagine being someone else's daughter, nor would I want to. Thank you Lord, for giving me my mom, and matching the right mom with the me You wanted.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment