Monday, August 22, 2016

Am I my brother's keeper?


Genesis 4:9
“And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?”


As Christians, it is, indeed, our duty to be our "brother's keeper". When we see a fellow Christian struggling with a need, we are to help him or her lift their burdens. It is our duty to care for the sick, feed the hungry, relieve the poor and oppressed and tired.

When was the last time you passed by that hungry transient on the street corner holding up a sign? Did you ignore him, or did you stop to take the time to get to know him? Sometimes getting to know someone is more important than dropping a dime in his hat. When you get to know them, you become less judgmental and more knowledgeable on how to give the hand up he or she needs.

John 13
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.




If this has inspired you, please share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment