Saturday, July 16, 2016

I will trust in You!


Thank you, Lord, for teaching me to trust. It has not been easy for me. There are so many reasons not to trust in this world. But, Lord, you have shown me that trusting in You is not only beneficial, but necessary in order for Your plan in my life to work.

I have had to learn to trust in those who hold my future in their hands on this earth. In so doing, I have had to learn to build solid relationships. And, I am comforted, knowing that as fragile as those relationships are, there is only one relationship that is strong enough to withstand all of my imperfection.

Trust has never been easy for me, Lord. From the moment that I realized that my parents were not perfect, it has become hard for me to trust in anyone on this earth. I put my trust in people who did not deserve it, and some who I never thought should have it. I learned to give the benefit of the doubt and became disappointed, time and again. But, the few who surprised me surprised me even more by being those who I didn't think should have it in the beginning, and that has encouraged me to keep trying.

And, now, I am learning that, at times, being willing to submit to higher authority as well as higher power is what is required in order to show trust.

I thank you for putting me in this place, at this time, in each situation, and that you open my eyes to lessons you want me to learn.

Help me to trust You more, Lord, even when I think my trust is full!

In Jesus' Name, I pray, Amen!



If this has inspired you, please share it!



No comments:

Post a Comment