Wednesday, July 27, 2016

God Girl


Genesis 3:16
“Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.”


This sounds horrible if you are a feminist. But, even in living with the consequences you can find blessing if you are willing to accept the consequences. Most sinners don't want to accept the consequences, so they keep sinning out of spite.

Some people can't get past this curse in the Bible far enough to find out that Jesus came to die so that the curse could be broken.

In the old days, if a young woman reached a certain age and did not have a husband, she was looked down upon. The term "Old Maid" came along centuries later.

In Biblical times, the father chose the husband of his daughter. She had no choice but to honor him. Love was something you did, not something you felt.

Love is still an action, not a verb, or an emotion. Lust is an emotion that, when acted on, becomes sinful. Lust is selfish, whereas Love is selfless.

As a single woman myself, I have learned that Jesus is all I need for a husband. The only person I want to dominate, or rule over, me is God. And, through Jesus I can have that. The curse no longer applies to me. And, I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment