Sunday, June 21, 2015

Genesis 1:16 -- Light Outshines Dark



Written by Shonda Ponder
All Bible verses taken from the KJV of the Open Bible


Genesis 1:16 -- And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

The light of day will always outshine the light of night. When good things happen in your life, it has more influence than the bad things that happen in your life. The good things that happen in your life will direct the paths that you take from there on out, unless you choose to stay in the dark.

Many times, we tend to spitefully sit where we are at under a dark sky. The negative emotions we experience envelope us and cause us to angrily fight going anywhere else. Jonah experienced this after he was sent to Ninevah to do God's work there. There is no record of him after that in the Bible. Job also experienced this, when he lay on his bed in depression, and his concerned friends came to stay with him. Job finally got off his bed, and the life God blessed him with was much better than the life Satan took away from him.

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. (Psalm 27:14)

Sometimes when we are in the darkness of our lives, it is better to wait for the Lord to lead us. We must always look forward to the light, even when we are angry about the dark.

Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me. Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness. (Micah 7: 7-9)

Micah says that he has sinned against God. When we are in darkness, it is usually because the choices we have made in life has led us there. We have sinned. And, because we sin, we have to bear the punishment. (I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him).

When you show God that you are willing to accept the punishment, you are showing Him that you are willing to change. Being willing to change means that you go through the doors that He will eventually open to you. But, you must wait for those doors to open, and when they do, you must accept that He wants to bless you, and not punish you any longer. It may be that He uses the experience to bless you further, if you are sincere.

If this has inspired you, please share it!





No comments:

Post a Comment