Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Amazing Grace of Restoration!

by Rosa Edwards

After being so incredibly tired last night, I woke up late this morning but full of joy for I had in my heart so strongly THE story ... the basic outline of Creation, Fall, Redemption, Restoration. In my sleep God had reminded me so strongly of the basics and how simple it really is ... yet how profoundly amazing and full of love:

1) Creation. God created the world and everything in it - and it was good. His creation of man and woman in His image was very good. Whatever ills we see in the world, we cannot blame God. We cannot justly accuse Him or attack His character. A good God made a good world. He could not do otherwise.

2) Fall. God created man in His image - including a free will. God didn't have to create, to reveal, to love ... He chose to do so. God has a free will so creatures made in His image - man and woman, not the animals - had to have a free will. Sadly, they chose to use that will to rebel, to reject, to believe a lie. Sin and death entered the world.

3) Redemption. Amazingly and beautifully, God had a plan. Woven into the story of fall is the story of redemption. Blood-stained garments of animal skin to clothe the fallen couple, when their man-made garments of leaves were insufficient. A future Victor who would crush Satan's head. The assurance that life would continue through future generations.

4) Restoration. So often I think this is the one we miss. God not only offers redemption for all who will embrace it - He restores what is lost. Ultimately that will be in the new heavens and new earth. But even now, where He redeems, He restores. Broken relationships healed. Broken promises fulfilled, Broken people made whole. Broken dreams renewed. Ever wonder why we are so fascinated with home improvements, makeovers, dramatic turnarounds? The Great Commission and the Great Commandment invite us to be part of the biggest restoration project in the world.

I don't know why this simple outline came to me this morning - truths I know deeply. I just had this picture in my mind of someone ready to rail against God, being interrupted with these truths just as He interrupted me years ago.

"Is it any wonder they call it Amazing Grace?"
by Geron Davis


When I stop and see,just where I've been
I'm really amazed I made it thru this place.
And I can honestly say
without a doubt in my mind
It's only because my life has been
Covered by His grace.

Is it any wonder they call it, "AMAZING GRACE?"
Great and small, every wrong erased.
When we were guilty as sin,
Jesus stepped in
And offered to take our place
Tell me, "is it any wonder they call it "AMAZING GRACE"?

All the debt was mine,
Jesus said "I'll pay"
A love so divine, has shattered both time and space.
And forevermore, hope had been reborn
For all of the world
had been introduced to God's Amazing Grace. --

No comments:

Post a Comment