Tuesday, December 27, 2016

The Christian and the Jew


Christians share a bond with the Jewish people because God originally chose the Jews to be "His People". But, when Christ came, as promised, they rejected Him. I don't know about you, but if you reject my children when I am with them, I will reject you and leave with my children.

This is what God did. But, God has a longing to love, to have more children to love. So, since they rejected Him, He called on anyone who would listen, who would NOT reject Him, to be His. And, that is what the rest of the world who became "Christian" did. The Bible calls them "Gentiles". (Isaiah Chapter 42)

The Old Testament teaches God's children how to live. It also provides instruction on how to become cleansed enough to get into heaven until the ultimate promised lamb would come. Jesus was that Lamb. He was the final sacrifice necessary to cleanse us all and allow us a seat with the Father. (John Chapter 1)

Many Christians today mistakenly believe that now that they have excepted Jesus, they don't have to follow the laws of the Old Testament. The truth is, they don't HAVE to, but that is no excuse NOT to. Jesus said,

Matthew 5:17
“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.”


This means that He did not come so we didn't have to follow the law. He came to be a part of the law that we couldn't possibly follow without Him.

Having said that, I am devoting some study time to the laws of the Old Testament, while I Praise God for the Hope provided in the New Testament! And, I am determining to do my best to follow those laws because I am a child of God and should show it by doing so, while at the same time I am relieved that if I fail, Jesus has already forgiven me and His blood still allows me an audience with God to apologize, and to get up off my knees after and try again with a smile. (James Chapter 2)

Jewish Holidays


No comments:

Post a Comment