Saturday, November 12, 2016

We Are Adopted


Adopting a child can be one of the greatest blessings God has for your life. Although I have not experienced the blessings of having adopted a child, I have experienced the blessing of having a child who is a part of my family that is adopted.

Romans 8:15 reads "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."

God adopted us. Having adopted us, as Christians, He has not made us second, but First, to be JOINT heirs with Christ. He has accepted us into His family AS IF we are His own. There is nothing that Christ has that we won't also have when we are finally brought home in the end.

There are members of my family that like to remind everyone that my cousin is adopted. Having grown up with him, I find that personally offensive. Other members of my family and I have discussed this, and I find that I am not alone in how I feel.

My cousin is as much a part of my family as anyone who was born of flesh and blood as one of us. He was taught to BE one of us, and he wears that trophy well. He (and his children) deserves all of the inheritence our name bestows.

Furthermore, I thank God for him, because the whole experience has taught me to understand God's love for me more.

I was lost and all alone. I needed someone who really understood my life. Who better than the One who Created it? I was scared of what was to come, but the author of the Future chose me.

I wasn't too young, too old, not right, or even too bad or too good.

He chose me.



If this has inspired you, please share it!



November is National Adoption Month do for someone else what God has done for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment