Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Going all out in Praise at 1st Bikers Church


There are a lot of people out there who might look at my church and shy away because they feel that we disrespect God by how freely we turn ourselves loose in church.

I disagree. It's my opinion that too many people in this world look at God as some stuffy old man with a temper who sits up there on his throne and either throws a tantrum that wreaks havoc in your life (calling it judgment against the evil in the world) or simply is indifferent. Boy has Satan got those people fooled.

I believe that God is someone who wants to be loved as much as He loves. I believe that He loves it when His children are happy. I believe that nothing brings Him greater joy than when His children go all out for Him, holding nothing back.

When Jesus was at the wedding in Cana, do you think He was somber and reverent? No. I think He laughed. I think He played. I think He clapped. I even think He probably danced. And, do you think He would actually make such wonderful wine if He didn't intend to taste it?

I'm not promoting drinking, by the way. I'm just just trying to point out that when we all stand before the throne of God we are going to be singing praises. We will have nothing to hold back anymore.

I, for one, want to stand before Him each and every day of my life singing His praises. On Judgment Day, when He looks at me, I don't want Him to look at me and say, "Why now? Why didn't you do it when you were alive? I'm supposed to believe you mean it NOW?"

I make Hiim a part of my life because I want Him there. I want to show Him off. I want all I do to Honor Him. Church, to me is just a way for me to be with my brothers and sisters who love Him, too! We are not there to mourn, we are there to proclaim Him, to worship Him, to Praise Him and to tell everyone we love that He welcomes THEIR praises, too! We are there to sample what it's going to be like when John of Revelation looks and sees all those clad in white robes as far as the eye can see raising their arms and singing Praise to the Lord of Lords and King of Kings!

Revelation 7:
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.


I promise you, when it comes time for that, I'm not going to be sitting there with my hands folded and tears running down my face like I don't deserve to be there. He's already cleansed me with the Blood of the Lamb, so I am allowed to rejoice. I was not worthy. Without Him, I AM not worthy. But the Great I AM has made me HIS.

So I love that I go to a church who isn't afraid to laugh, to joke, to stand up and clap and say Amen and Praise Him out loud, with song, dance, preaching, invitation and giving.

Psalm 150
1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.



Think what you want about me and my church because of it. One thing is for sure, God isn't bored with US!

No comments:

Post a Comment