Saturday, January 2, 2016

Sometime I wonder if He gets tired of hearing from me...


Shop at 4WheelParts.com and get FREE SHIPPING and 100% Price Match Guarantee


I'm always asking for stuff: little things, big things, life things, health things, pleasure things, trinket things, friendly things, stuff I want, stuff I need, stuff I wish would happen, stuff other people need -- you name it. If it comes up in the course of my day, I pray for it.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

I rarely say "Amen" because I am always going from one prayer to the next. I depend on the Lord in every aspect of my life, from what to have for breakfast to how well I sleep at night. I don't get down on my knees to pray, because if I did, I'd stay there all day. I am in constant communication with my Lord.

I can have a bad experience with someone and hear myself saying something like, "Lord, I KNOW You want me to be kind, but I'm just not feeling it right now. Please get in the way!" or I can receive a box of clothes from a friend that they no longer want and I'll say, "Thank You, Lord, for giving me the opportunity to look good, or to help someone else look good!" If I sit down to eat, you might hear me say, "Lord, this is some great stuff going in my stomach! I thank you for giving me the pleasure of eating it! I ask that you use it to nourish every part of me, from my mind to my spirit!"

I am addicted to talking to God. I even make a list of little things I want, from a pizza cutter to a new TV set, and I watch as the list dwindles before my eyes. As much stuff as I've asked for in the past couple of years, that list should be a mile long, but I keep erasing the answered prayers as I add more. It's barely a page long.

I've learned that God answers all my prayers, no matter how big or how small, so I am not ashamed to ask Him for anything.

Every day is a gift, but God likes to be asked.

Matthew 7:
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?


I was talking to some co-workers about my list the other day. They responded as if I were nuts. I told them, "I believe God likes to be asked for everything, even the little things. If you can't trust God to help you with the little things, why would He expect you to trust Him with the big things?"

I wonder, sometimes, if He doesn't get tired of hearing from me. I asked Him today, "Lord, are you tired of hearing from me yet?" Then I was reminded of a parable Jesus taught:

Luke 18
1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?


God knows that each answered prayer is met with praise from my lips; and, as I marvel at the many prayers He's answered, I begin praising Him for even the prayers He's made me wait for.

He knows that I love Him no matter what, because I know that He knows what's best for me.

He deserves ALL the praise for THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment