Saturday, October 16, 2021

God's Laws #11: God doesn't need help

There are a lot more commandment than just the first ten that we all know and love. In these next posts, I will be expounding on them.

This verse, “Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold", seems to mirror the verses in Exodus 20:4-5, God's law #2.

However, upon closer inspection, I believe (I say "I believe" because it is not clearly stated in the Bible and I could be wrong, but I am believing that the Holy Spirit is guiding me here) that this is a warning to believers to keep in mind that God does not need help to be God.

There is nothing you can want, need or ask for that God cannot do by Himself, if He so chooses.

I believe this verse is telling us to trust God entirely.

If we decide to give God "help" by creating "things" to pray to or with, rather than going to the Most High and trusting Him alone with a one on one conversation through Christ Jesus, then we err. It is a sin, and we will be judged accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment