Monday, October 26, 2020

Don't Withhold Anything from the Lord!

Today I was listening to Genesis Chapter 22 in the Bible. It is the story of Abraham almost sacrificing Isaac to God on Mt. Moriah. I have read this chapter many times, but today, it hit me hard.

The verses that spoke to me the most were these:

Genesis 22
16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

How often do we hold on to the things we love the most in our life, even at our own peril?

How hard is it to let those things go?

We've all heard the saying, "Let go, and let God!"

In these verses today, I heard my Lord say, "Give it ALL to me, and be blessed in so doing!"

God wants to be more important to you than your children, your spouse, your friends, your things, your family, your job or anything else. Trust God with all these and be content and at peace. Stop worrying and stressing yourself out over things that only God can fix. Stop longing for what only God can give you. Trust that God will provide both for you and Himself.

8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment