Tuesday, May 24, 2016

My Strength is in Christ Jesus

Someone recently referred to me as a "strong, independent woman."

I corrected him with, "I am not strong. God is my strength." He replied, "God supported you, but it was your strength that got you through it."

I object.

All the credit goes to God. He's the only way I got through all of that!

Psalms 46:1
“...God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
Psalms 28:8
“The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.”
Exodus 15:2
“The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.”
Philippians 4:13
“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”


I am not arrogant enough to call it my strength because I know my weaknesses. I am weak. HE is strong.

2 Corinthians 12:9
“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”


If I were strong, I would not need His Grace. The need for Him at all takes away any delusions I have of being independent.



No comments:

Post a Comment