Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Powerball




The talk of the day in the break room at my job was the Powerball Lottery. "Did you get a ticket?" "What will you do if you win?" "You know it only takes so many million dollars to win if you played every number sequence...and it's up to 1.5 Billion dollars now, so it would be worth it to get the money..." "Where are you going to get the money?" (Laughter).

I just smiled.

Earlier in the day I speculated about what I would do if I won that amount of money -- for a moment or two.

Then, my mind settled on that list I made of things I'm asking God for. That list should be two miles long, but it's barely a page long right now. I have added things and taken off things for about two years now. God has provided most of what I've asked for. The other stuff, He's either made me wait for, or told me no.

It doesn't even bother me any more when He tells me "No". There has never been a time when He's told me "No" that it wasn't in my best interest not to have what I wanted. I have come to understand that now.

But, $1.5B is a lot of money. It would keep me busier than my present job does, that's for sure. The phone would never stop ringing. There would always be someone to help.

Then I started thinking, "Would Jesus approve?"

I cleaned off my kitchen table as I thought about this. Then, I posted on Facebook that I felt a sense of accomplishment. I noted that I would like to have a desk and a combortable chair to go with it for my computer. I put that on my list of things I'm asking God for, then I got ready to go to work.

Just before I walked out the door I received a message from a friend. "I have a desk and a chair you can have if you can come get it."

WOW.

Ask and ye shall receive, right?

As everyone speculated winning all that money, I decided not to play.

My Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills. As a matter of fact, He owns the Universe...and I'm an heiress. Anything I want that is good for me, He will give me. All I have to do is ask.

What do I need $1.5 Billion for?

Acts 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

Psalm 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment