Saturday, January 2, 2016

Hitting Bottom...


I have found that the most generous people are the ones who are most in need. That is why I have a heart for the homeless, the drug addict, the lost, those on the streets, those who've "hit bottom".

I KNOW how it feels. Once you've hit bottom, there is no way up accept that you grab someone else's ankle as they climb...

Once you've gone up a few feet and can look down, you realize that that person below you used to be you, and you remember how much a bread crumb meant. Bread crumbs don't cost anything, but they are sure appreciated...

I KNOW.

I praise Jesus every day for where I am now. But, that's because something inside me is still down there on the bottom reaching up...

Once you've ever been on "the bottom", then you know that, no matter how far up you climb from then on, you will always be "on bottom".

Matthew 11
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.




If this has inspired you, please share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment