Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Legacy of Forgiveness

The above picture is Brad Taylor, Danny's son, as he embraces a forgiven Peyton Glenn at 1st Biker's Church on the Sunday after the accident.
Wow. One of the things that I've learned since I started going to 1st Bikers Church is that forgiveness is a mandatory part of being Christian. The first thing one does is ask The Father to forgive them. After that, we are required to forgive in order to practice the Grace that was given to us.

Without first learning what forgiveness is, our Christian Faith is moot. And, in order to teach us the depths of the Grace that God has bestowed upon us, He only requires that we forgive others as we have been forgiven. If we cannot forgive, then our growth in The Lord is stunted.

I have had to learn to forgive people that are not even alive now to forgive, as well as others who still are. I have learned to ask for forgiveness when truly I did not want THEIR forgiveness, for I did not think I had done anything to be forgiven for. But, I have learned that it isn't about whether or not you or someone else is in the wrong, it's about restoring the relationship you need with The Father. Once you take that step, all other relationships begin to be restored as well.

This whole situation with the Taylor family has reminded me of where I, myself, have come from, and where I, myself, wish to go. Thank you, Taylor family, for opening up the opportunity for us to love!

Matthew 6:

14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment