Thursday, April 16, 2015

1st Bikers Church Update: Unexpected Proposal

I love my church family. And, I love my pastor.

Tonight, he preached, once again, about the changes we are fixing to see in our church. This time, he referred us to Exodus Chapter 17, where Moses had two men hold his arms up while he stood on the hill. As long as his arms were held up, the Israelites, led by Joshua, were winning against the Amalekites, and when his arms fell, they were not doing so good.

He let us know how much he loved us, and that he needs every one of us to keep holding his arms up. Without us, after all, there is no church.

Has it really almost been ten years? Oh, my! Seems like yesterday when I heard his first sermon...when I got to witness his ordinance. God has really done a work in him since then.

After the invitation, I couldn't help myself. I took the stage in front of Brother Matthew just before the closing prayer. I said, (before the WHOLE CONGREGATION) "Brother Matthew, before we close in prayer, I have a very important question to ask you..." I got down on one knee and said, Matthew C. Butler, Will you be our Pastor for the next 10 years?"

HE SAID YES!

I do believe that if everyone wasn't already standing, he would have got a standing ovation.

No comments:

Post a Comment