Saturday, August 27, 2016

I am a murderer...


Genesis 4
9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;
12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.


We are all murderers. If we have ever hated anyone, then we have as much as committed the same crime that Cain committed.

Matthew 5
21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.


None of us have ever lived without sin. Adam was perfect until he disobeyed, and that is what sin is: disobedience.

I remember reading about Cain when I was younger and thinking of how crude and mean he was for doing such a horrible thing. Now I realize how mean and crude I am each time I choose to make a decision to be angry at someone, or to dislike them. Love has become the answer to any emotion I may have. I can feel as if I do not like someone, yet treat them with love and respect and let God speak through me with my life.

Romans 12
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.


I have found that in doing so, I have made many friends that I would otherwise not have had. These friends have proved, sometimes, more loyal than those who were chosen for their good character.

God's Grace has saved us while we, ourselves were yet sinners. (Romans 5:8). This means that while we were at enmity with God, He loved us enough to send His own son to take the punishment for us. Should we not do the same and offer such love to someone else in our lives who does not deserve it?



If this has inspired you, please share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment