Sunday, August 7, 2016

Bearing my cross so I can follow Jesus


Luke 14:27 “And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.”

I used to wonder what it meant to "bear my cross." It couldn't have been something as simple as picking up your burdens. That was something everyone had to carry, like it or not.

No. I think what Jesus meant when He said, "whosoever does not bear his cross and come after me..." was that if you have sinned, you should be willing to live with the consequences of that sin in the light of truth, or confession.

For instance, if I stole something, and then I got saved and I went back to the person I stole from and apologized and confessed my sin to him, he might have me put in Jail. I could see that as a blessing, or a curse. If I chose to see that as a blessing, then I would be aware that where ever I end up for doing what Jesus wanted me to do is exactly where He needs me to be in order to build His Kingdom. In jail, I have an opportunity to witness whereas I couldn't do that if life went on as usual.

And, anytime I am where Jesus is at is where I want to be. There is freedom and joy in being where He has placed me in order to be nearer to Him.

I have sinned. I still sin...but the longer I walk with Jesus, the lighter the load gets over time.



If this has inspired you, please share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment