Monday, August 22, 2016

Don't Look Back (by Rose Marie)


Luke 9
62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.


One of my favorite songs is "the well " by casting crowns. One of the lines in the chorus says...leave it all behind, and come to the well.

Often in life we make wrong turns that get our souls into trouble. I have made such turns. My soul cried out to my Father, help. He stepped in and saved me.....but because He didn't save me the way I thought it should be.....I found myself looking back over my shoulder at the very thing He had freed me from.

I, like so many others, became so focused on one small pin point on how "I" thought God should fix it....that when He, in His infinite wisdom, truly set me free...... Couldn't see the freedom. I kept looking back.....I kept thinking but what if.....I kept crying and longing for something I couldn't see the evil in. God was trying to save me from the very prison that threatened my soul but through my blindness I kept trying to hold on to. Why, because it didn't match what I thought because I couldn't see past my want! I couldn't see past man laws, I couldn't see past my hurts and my desires!

Praise God for His infinite, love, mercy, and grace! Praise God for opening my eyes so that I could truly see that He set me from from a prison I didn't even realize was a Prison! Praise God for telling me to let go and stop looking back! For as long as I was looking back and longing...my prison was following me....it's chains still shackled to my feet and hands.

If God has set you free.....Be truly free! Stop looking back! Lots wife looked back and it cost her everything. Take the bandages from your eyes, trust our Abba Father and look forward, truly free to your promised future!

Stop trusting what you can't see and trust what God can See!



If this has inspired you, please share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment