Sunday, June 19, 2016

Religion Vs. Relationship


1 John 1:
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.


John 15:14
“Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.”


John 15:15
“Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.”


God doesn't want you to be religious for Him. He wants you to have a relationship with Him. Jesus was constantly criticizing the scribes and pharisees about being so dogmatic with "the law" (the law is what religious people are all about), rather than having a loving relationship with the Father. (Read Matthew 23)

There are a lot of Christians who think that going to church makes them a good Christian. This is wrong. Going to church makes you LOOK like a Christ follower when you are not. TRUE Christians are those who take what is learned in the church out into the world, regardless of the consequences, because they TRUST what God can do for them, and are willing to do for HIM as a result.

Relationship is about give and take. Not asking and asking and then getting mad when you don't get just because you wanted it. Sometimes you have to accept that the Father knows best, and love Him anyway.

I, personally, have been more blessed by the accepting of God's Will than by getting what I asked for to begin with. Had I received half of what I have asked for in my lifetime, I would not be so blessed with the relationship I enjoy with Him today.



If this has inspired you, please share it!


No comments:

Post a Comment