Thursday, October 22, 2020

Listen to the Word

It is imperative that you spend a few minutes every day reading the Bible and praying. It is impossible to see what God is doing in your life without the faith that you have to see it.

Every day as I surf the internet, I have made it a habit to listen to the Bible. Over and over I listen to it - a chapter or two a day, sometimes more. Sometimes I listen to the same chapter over and over to make sure that I got what was in it.

It's not like I don't have time to listen. I can listen when I am driving in my car, waiting in the grocery store line, taking a walk, or just sitting at home surfing on the internet. I can even listen while I am cleaning house.

Joshua 1:8
“This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”

I had a conversation one day with someone I was ministering to about how we could minister to people in a hurting world. The conversation turned to tithes and what exactly it meant to "tithe", and with what should we tithe if we had nothing.

We never have NOTHING. God gives us everything we need to do His Will every day. Perhaps His will is not for you to donate a $1,000 to charity that day. Perhaps His will is just for you to comfort someone, or answer their questions, or steer them toward helpful information that could benefit them. When you tithe, you tithe 10% of the increase on whatever God gives you. If all you have is your ability, then it is your ability to serve that should be tithed.

But, in order for you to prosper and have the tools that you need in order to do God's will, you MUST study and meditate on God's Word, His laws, His lessons for you. You cannot understand God's will if you do not hear God's Word.

God convicts you through His Word. Once you hear His word, you will hear Him in a lot of other ways in your life: through your circumstances, in your prayers, through someone you are ministering to, or even something you experience or see. God communicates with you when you are primed to listen, and the best form of priming is to read and listen to the Bible.

If you are wondering how YOU can do what I do, just go to the KJV Bible online. Find Chapter 1 of Genesis (or any chapter you want of any book) in the search box. On the right side of the page is a list of "Bible Options", and at the bottom is a link that says "Listen". It's as easy as that!

I cannot stress the amount of comfort and inspiration and strength this tool has given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment