Sunday, September 11, 2016

Our Abundant Life!


John 10:10
“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”


What does it mean to have life more abundantly?

Have you ever been in a situation where you almost died? How did you feel when you recovered? I remember one time that I had a wreck. I was lucky enough to get out of it with a few scratches, so life went on as usual. This is not the kind of near death experience I am speaking of. However, I had an experience one time where my health had declined due to depression. When I realized how far I had let myself go, I was well on my way to not being able to recover from it. My blood pressure had started to spike. I couldn't walk for long periods of time. I could barely get up out of bed, and at that point, it was my survival instinct that kicked in that made me forget about my depression and force myself to do what I had to do to rehabilitate myself.

Today, I praise God that I have my life. I almost did not have my life. I credit Him for showing me how fragile my life was, and that depression was not part of His plan. Today, I listen to the birds. I can't remember listening to the birds before this experience. Oh, I grew up in the woods. I just never really appreciated their song until this. Today, I smell the roses. I soak in all of the gifts of God in every moment. I recently took my niece to the fair and relished watching her enjoy herself with what I could give her! THAT was a GIFT from God!

I am enjoying my life. I have given my life to Him, to use as He wills, so where ever I find myself in it, I see it as a gift and I have learned to enjoy it, and to take the opportunities God presents me with IN THAT MOMENT!

Life more abundant is not about having that big mansion, or diamond rings on your hands or expensive cars, as some health and wealth preachers would have you believe. Life abundant is seeing the gifts in front of you and appreciating the moment you have with them in it! The green grass, the old battered car that takes you to work each day, the grandchild you only get to spend time with on the weekends (or even your own child, if you have a broken marriage).

Having life abundant is refusal to let Satan steal your joy, kill your spirit, or destroy your life. If you find yourself in the pig pen, it's realizing that you have received the gift of Life, and that even in the pig pen God has provided you with the opportunity to eat, to laugh, and to stay cool in the heat of the day. If you want your life to change, you thank God for what you have, and pray that He uses you somewhere else! After all, the reason you are where you are is to glorify Him! EVEN IN THE PIG PEN! When others see that Satan hasn't won where you are, God will put you somewhere else that blesses you more and He can use you better!

Luke 12:48
“But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.”


Today, I live my life knowing that it is temporary, and that where I am now is the opportunity to be all God needs me to be so that when I am finally with Him at Home in Heaven, He will put His arms around me and say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant!" It is a gift from God to have the opportunity to be able to thank Him and Praise Him for a life that, without Him, I would not have!

I can't think of any greater purpose, or reward for living in this crazy world!



If this has inspired you, please share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment