Wednesday, December 7, 2016

No Greater Pain (by Rose Marie)


Have you ever buried a child? Have you ever rocked your child in your arms as you watched the life drain away? Have you ever had to kneel beside your child's bed and give them back to God as they battled for their life....not sure if God would grant healing on earth or have to take them home to make them new?

I have. Not once, not twice but three times with my own flesh and blood. Two became new in heaven and one was healed. I have walked down the aisle...... my vision filled with that tiny casket....... as my breasts leaked milk. I have went shopping for that final outfit, that stuffed animal that would journey with them. I have knelt between two tiny graves knowing both belonged to me and felt pain so deep all I could do was throw back my head and scream in primal agony.

Through each moment, each stabbing, gut wrenching pain I found hope because I knew the TRUTH. I knew that He was with me through it all and because HE held the keys .......death had no sting over my children and that He was calling them to His side to love and care for and that one day, one sweet glorious day HE would call me to be reunited with them and that thought, that assurance, that hope lifted me up from a position of defeat to one of hope, love, joy, and peace.

No matter what you are facing today, I promise if you give it to HIM and rely on HIS promise to you, you too will rise in hope, love, joy, and peace. I pray HE meets you right where you are at right now and just wraps you up in HIS arms and comforts you with HIS love. Be still and rest on HIS promises. He can't fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment