Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Being single is not a curse..


1 Corinthians 7. (Read the whole chapter).

"The purpose of marriage is to make you more effective in fulfilling your purpose. If marriage keeps you from your purpose, then you missed the point of the marriage: to be part of God's calling." (Pastor Rick Warren) in the broadcast entitled "Finding the Love of Your Life (Part 2)" from his series "The Crazy Makers"

He brings up a good point. When God asks if we fulfilled our purpose, He is not going to except the answer that, "I am sorry, I was going to do that but I found this really cute guy..."

If your partner is not helping you or making it easier for you to fulfill God's calling on your life, then you don't need to marry them. You need to find another partner before you make the mistake of committing your life to them.

I personally have not found anyone who has ever been supportive of what I have felt was my calling at any given point in my life. I cannot believe that God intends for everyone to get married. If that were so, then Paul of the Bible, who was the greatest Apostle, in my opinion, would not have remained celibate.

Sometimes, it is better to remain single and focused.

Being single is NOT a curse! It's a gift!



If this has inspired you, please share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment